blankhomeour storyour baby boysmommyhoodour home

April 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Well, yesterday April 2nd, I turned 23!!!
On my birthday, I taught my very first "real" lesson to a precious kindergarten class at Helena Elementary!! It was so much fun... and I am so glad I chose to be a teacher!(Yes, all you negative Nancy's that have always said, "You are going to regret this!" "Being a teacher is so hard!!" "You better not be doing this for the money!"..... again, I AM SO GLAD I CHOSE TO BE A TEACHER!!) I can not tell you how many times someone has asked me what I am going to school for and I always get a negative, rude comment in return... I just think that is so rude! I understand teaching is a hard job; I have been working with children for 5 years now, I know it's tough, but I could never say that to someone! Since I can remember, I have said I will be a teacher, and that is the only thing in the world I can see myself doing! Ok... had to get that out;) I have been working with this class for about 3 weeks now, and it has been so much fun... One little boy asked me to marry him..haha.. He has big blue eyes and blonde hair, and he is constantly giving me the I LOVE YOU sign... I hated to break his little heart...
Anyway, the lesson went great and they seemed to have so much fun!
Last night, the beau and I went to eat at, of course, FIREBIRDS, then we went to crackerbarrel to get the Easter decorations on SALE! I love Easter decor!! Our next stop was Lowe's! We got some pretty pots, and lots of beautiful flowers for Lee's (OUR) house!! I have been wanting to get some to dress "our" little house up! I wish you could have seen me trying to pick out flowers, I do not have a CLUE what to look for!! Luckily, the woman said if I they die in the next few weeks I could bring them back! You better believe I stuck that receipt in a safe place;) I will post pictures later..
Today, I am doing HOMEWORK, HOMEWORK, HOMEWORK, while my sweetheart puts out the flowers!
I thought since I am now the BIG 2-3, I would post 23 things about me....:)
1. I am in love with a wonderful man (I'm sure that shocks you;)
2. I am a HUGE family girl.... didn't even go away for college because I didn't want to leave my family....
3. I love Jesus Christ with all my heart.
4. My sister is my best friend in the entire world.
5. I have a beautiful cat named Camden...
6. I am graduating in December.... Of course, I will take whatever job I get, I understand finding a job right now is tough, but I would love to eventually teach Kindergarten or 2nd grade:)
7. One of my biggest fears is not being able to have children...I would love to be blessed with 3/4 children.
8. I am extremely organized... I make lists to make lists, and I wake up in the middle of the night to make lists. (Sad, I know)
9. I love beauty supply... anything girly.
10. My favorite thing to do is get my hair, nails, toes, and eyebrows waxed; tan, all in one day (Wierd, I know;)
11. I am obsessed with keeping track of memories by blogging, keeping a journal, and pictures (I LOVE PICTURES)
12. Milos and Guses are two of my favorite things!
13. Eventually, I want a grey, blue-eyed Great Dane- weimerwiener (spelling?) mix, and a grey/blue-eyed rat terrier (Lee wants a jack russell terrior, that would be fine too;)
I want a mini- farm one day too!! (Poor Lee)
14. I ALWAYS tend to buy black, or black/white. (It drives Hooch crazy;)
15. I always have a plan for EVERYTHING! (Even a house plan..haha)
16. I LOVE Wind Creek, a day on the lake/river, campfires, anything outdoors.
17. I love Lifetime movies and Lee hates that I do;)... (Watching one as I type this)
18. I love working out... even though this busy semester has caused me to get totally off track!
19. The beach is my favorite, and GATLINBURG!
20. I have a list of things I want to accomplish in life. (Imagine that)
21. I would love to learn to sew, and cook.. (Got a long way to go!!)
22. did I mention I am in love with a wonderful man???:)
23. I love my life... wouldn't have it any other way.... ;)
Tonight Lee and I are joining my family for dinner and birthday cake!
Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments. They truly make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...