How Far Along?38 Weeks & 2 days today
Size of Baby P? 19 1/2 inches long!
This week's major developments:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
Maternity Clothes? Of course!
Weight Gain? 2 pounds this week! I think that pound I lost got excited last week and I ate a little too much this week! :) I measured my belly two days ago and we are now at 44 inches around! I have officially gained 20 inches in my belly! AHHHH!!!
Stretch Marks/belly button?Still hanging in there and belly button still flat...
Best Moment(s) of the Week and other random updates?
- Meeting the pediatricians Monday night. The doctor I was seriously considering ended up doing the presentation! Lee liked her too, so I think we have made our final decision!
- Enjoying my clean house and freshly planted flowers!
- Getting my hair done was AMAZING!!
- Classroom officially complete as well!
- We went to the doctor today, and nothing, nadda, he is still enjoying baking!! Looks like it's just he and mommy for a while longer! I go back to the doctor next Wednesday... we will see then! My doctor said she does not like going longer than a week after due date. At least I know I will meet him within 3 weeks... you will find me
joggingwalking around the neighborhood tonight! :)
Anxiously awaiting our buddy's arrival!
Hope you are having a BLESSED Thursday!