blankhomeour storyour baby boysmommyhoodour home

January 17, 2013

IT SNOWED IN ALABAMA!!!!!!

 We have been hearing of possible snow ALL week! In Alabama, this is kinda big deal. For a teacher, school letting out early is a real BIG DEAL!;)

Sure enough, it started snowing around 11:00 today. Our wonderful principal came over the intercom and told us we could take our students out to play in the snow for a few minutes. After hearing screams of excitement, the third grade headed out to play!
You can imagine the craziness... AND the wet rear-ends, grassy backs, soaked tennis shoes, slippery hallways, grassy/muddy classrooms ....;)


We got a call that we were being dismissed at 2:00. WELL, the snow got harder, lasted longer, and accumulated on the roads which was not expected. We ended up staying until about 3:45 because parents were stuck, buses could not run, and roads started closing. Dismissal was quite interesting. Needless to say, it was an exciting, eventful day. 
If you ask me, it was kind of nice for a change!:)

Extra time with these girls is always fun!
(My third grade team;)

Thankfully, I made is home safely to spend some time with my little man during his first snow!
Actually, I made it to the top of my driveway. I was sliding a bit and scared I was going to slide into my mom's car!

Our First Snow in Our Home... (I think)

Most importantly, it was our monkey's first snow!!
 (I know, I know! You are wanting to add this idea to your Pinterest boards! Mommy tried to get crafty.... it didn't quite turn out as planned;)

 This was the best we could get. He was not so sure about the snow. 
A little fit was in our near future in this photo!

Look at those eyes though!


Thank you Lord for special memories...

Have a BLESSED almost FRIDAY!

17 comments:

  1. That must have been exciting! I have relatives in NC and when it snows there (which is not often) it's like snow madness! People go nuts! :) Oh goodness, your little man has such pretty eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we go absolutely crazy! Everyone hurries to the store to get their bread & milk!!haha

      Delete
  2. So fun! It's snows often here in North Jersey, but I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun... but I can see where people get sick of it! :)

      Delete
  3. I would be more than willing to reroute the snow we get in Canada to you!! LOL! Im not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... I could totally see where it gets annoying.

      :)

      Delete
  4. Your house looks SO pretty in the snow! Glad you got home safe. I would have freaked out! Y'all have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! I pretty much did freak out on my kids one time... but I apologized! It was so crazy and they decided they would play "Miss Mary Mack" LOL...

      Y'all have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Awww. He is wearing his little jacket JerryLynn and I bought him right after we found out you were having a Boy! He is adorable and Yes his Eyes are Gorgeous!
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is! I thought about yall when I put it on him:)

      Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  6. He is so cute. In 20 years you'll be looking back with fond memories of these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much... Yes, so glad I have this little blog of mine, just for that reason! :)

      Delete
  7. AWWWW!!! I'm loving getting caught up on my blog reading and seeing all these snow posts! We had a ball and looks like you and Gage did too. I think it is so great your principal let you take the kids out to enjoy playing in the snow. It is such a rare occurrence I know they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't snow just beautiful??
    we get lots of that where i'm from too :)
    driving in it is the worst though. its so scary! especially when you get those crazies who still drive 10 miles over the speed limit.

    btw im also hosting a giveaway for a cute clothing boutique and if you have time, i'd love for you to come by and enter it :)

    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's just wonderful! Cute picture of the baby in the snow! I'm in Canada and we have a LOT of snow and it's -26 degrees Celsius today - yikes! Enjoy your snow! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, your son is super adorable. Your first snow in a long time?. Love to see your student enjoying snow, priceless :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They truly make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...