34 Weeks & 4 days
34 Weeks & 5 days
How Far Along?We are 34 Weeks and 5 days!!!
Size of Baby P? cantaloupe
This week's major developments:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.(from www.babycenter.com)
Maternity Clothes? Of course!
Weight Gain? Going to doctor tomorrow (Monday)!
Stretch Marks/belly button?Same
- Attending our breastfeeding class and parenting class! It was so sweet to see Lee so into it... He was really paying attention and taking everything in. I think the classes were great, especially for daddys!:)
(Of course I had to take pictures. He changed his FIRST diaper, learned to swaddle 2 different ways, and gave the baby a newborn bath. He was a pro!;)
Updated TO-DO LIST:
Pack hospital bag/ Walmart trip for a few final hospital items Finish washing his last items Finish organizing his closet(Only thing is making basket labels) Switch our night stands because mommy has to be by baby, of course! Move over DADDY!
- Buy flowers for front pots!
Finish final wall decor in nursery Order valence for nurs ery RE-order crib sheet since I lost it! UGH... Order video camera
- Get car seat installed 4-runner and checked
- Order extra car seat holders
Daddy's TO-DOs: Assemble pack n play, highchair, swing, bouncer, walker, stroller, and hang final items in nursery!
- Buy desk decor
Find mommy a coming home dress b/c both boys have a new outfit! I don't want to be left out! :) Wash out door furniture Take a few more items back and swap for a few needed items.... purchase nap nanny! Complete pages in baby book I can
- Finish bride book (Sad, I know; only 2 more pages though!)
- Order inch bug labels
Order prints from Walgreens for belly book
- Finalize pediatrician
Maternity leave form/join sick leave bank in August!
- register for pre-admission
Learn my camera!
Daddy assembling all of our necessities!
Daddy and Poppy putting up the mason jar chandelier!
Daddy refinishing Gage's toy chest!
- Having the nursery complete feels amazing! Designing and completing his nursery was so much fun! All mommies should definitely look forward to that :)
- Thank you again for all of your sweet comments on our nursery post!
- MiMi couldn't stand it and ordered this bassinet for our buddy from Restoration Hardware! THANKS MIMI! We didn't use the skirt, we put organizing basket underneath instead! Turned out perfect!
- Hospital bags are packed and ready!
- I've also been working in my classroom trying to get it ready for my sub. I plan to go this week to complete more projects!
- Gage has the hiccups all the time! He gets them in the middle of the night every night! (During our lovely 3 hour stretch of no sleeping!)
- We got back to the doctor tomorrow and then our weekly appointments start next week! It's getting so close... I feel good about everything and can not wait to meet our little buddy!
Hope you had a BLESSED weekend!