Excuse this pic... we just woke up from our Sunday nap and I remembered my bump picture!
Here we are 35 Weeks and 5 Days!
Size of Baby P? crenshaw melon (these people kill me!)
This week's major developments:
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
Maternity Clothes? Of course! and Lee's t-shirts (which he says I am stretching;)
Weight Gain?About 30 pounds... not gaining as much now, maybe I'm FINALLY reaching my peak!!
Stretch Marks/belly button?Do not know how in the world my belly still does not have stretch marks but it doesn't! Applying lotion and oil religiously! Belly button still flat!
- I have really been focusing my attention on getting my classroom prepared for my sub. It is ALMOST there! It is such a big job preparing for the year, but definitely worth it because things go much smoother the rest of the year! I am trying to get ahead and have everything together and organized so I can get home to my baby boy as quick as possible!
- We are going to "Meet the Doctors" night at Birmingham pediatrics the first week in August. I am a little mad at myself for not doing this sooner, but looking forward to that and I have my questions prepared:)
- Everything is officially marked off my baby list except installing the carseat (which will happen Friday) and building the highchair (of course not needed at first).
- Hospital bags are ready and Mr. Pody even had a Hospital Bag 101 training last night along with a How to Operate the New Video Camera course!
- Of course, a deep cleaning is about to take place around the Pody Household after a little fat, furry, gray cat gets groomed tomorrow!
I have some extras I would like to complete (my to-do lists are never ending by the way, I've been a list maker since I could write;) like planting new flowers in our front pots and finding a camera bag for my Nikon! But other than that....
WE ARE READY FOR OUR LITTLE MAN!!!!
HAVE A BLESSED EVENING!
Stay tuned for a couple of fun posts planned for this week!