blankhomeour storyour baby boysmommyhoodour home

July 20, 2012

Friday Favorites- LINK-UP





This little guy....

(You would never think you would be so in love with a picture that is burnt orange and quite scary, BUT I am;)


.....has been taking over the blog for a while now.
He's just so dang cute how could you help it!!
SO today is going to be a post on a few of Mommy's Favorite Things (No baby talk today;)

For starters, I just cannot bring myself to spend $80.00 on face wash and $150.00 on moisturizer. BUT I got THIS book.....


...which is full of great beauty tips. 
From homemade facial treatments to what face cleansers that are worth the money and which are priced for the name brand. 
It is FULL of awesome tips, I even keep it in my nightstand beside my bed:) 


{Let's Talk MAKE-UP Brushes!}
My wonderful sister got me this set of brushes for Christmas two years ago and I absolutely LOVE them! They are the TOO FACED TEDDY BEAR BRUSHES. The hair is silky soft, they feel like real animal hair (BUT IT'S NOT!). It applies make-up very evenly and smooth.

She also got me the Too Faced Kabuki Brush... which I absolutely LOVE. I wear Bare Essentials make-up and it applies it a little thicker, which I prefer. I know a lot of people stay away from Bare Essentials b/c it it such a light make-up, but applying it with this brush gives you a little more coverage! 
I have to be honest... it is a retractable brush, and mine broke! Disappointed, but I will still buy another one:)


 {Let's Talk Face Wash}

Like I said earlier, this is something I refuse to spend TOO much money on (Which was a tip in my handy beauty book;). 
I was an Aveeno user for a couple of year but recently purchased YES TO CUCUMBER GENTLE MILK CLEANSER and so glad I did. It is very mild, almost the texture of lotion. It cleanses thoroughly and it is all natural. Another positive, it has a great smell!



{Let's Talk, Moisturizer}

While standing in Target and finally deciding on my cleanser, the moisturizer caught my eye. I went ahead and bought it as well and once again, I am pleased. It is a light moisturizer and does not leave you feeling greasy at all. I have noticed my make-up applying much smoother as well. 
Next time, I will be getting the night time moisturizer as well:)

 {Let's Talk Lazy Nights}
By that I mean the nights you are exhausted and just cannot find the energy to FULLY wash your face. Gross, I know... it is rare, but there are nights after teaching 24 little 8 year olds that you are exhausted, and these little jewels come in handy! (I see me using these more often in my near future, when I come home to a little boy after teaching all day;)


{Let's Talk Hair}

I have tried the expensive shampoos and conditioners and honestly my hair styles badly. I recently saw a post on JOHN FRIEDA'S SHEER BLONDE and went out and bought it shortly after. 
I know I am in the third trimester of pregnancy, which they say can result in healthy hair but I can give a little credit to these keepers! 
My hair styles well and it stays styled longer. My hair is very fine, and usually during the summer walking outside in the ALABAMA humidity for 10 minutes causes it to frizz and go flat, but it has improved a lot since using these products. Inexpensive and worth a try!

That's all I have today, hope you enjoyed! 


Go share your favorites and LINK-UP with Lindsey at Bargain Blonde! 
(You will LOVE her :)

8 comments:

  1. Hey girl - thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on the little one, when are you due? So exciting! I'm now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am due August 21st! Getting close:)

      Thank you for your sweet follow~!!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog and all of your advice! I'll definitely let you know if I have any questions! I may be trying out that face wash. I'm trying to get away from proactive and it's making my skin crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I know it was a long post, but I know the feeling all too well:)

      Yes, I was a proactive user as well and my face has continued to stay clear, pregnancy and all! I saw on Dr. Oz today that "SAY YES TO BLUEBERRIES" is awesome too... so that may be my next purchase!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. aww your sonogram doesnt look scary! that little boy is the focus of so much love. that brush set looks amazing. Have a great sunday! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog... You are so sweet and thank you for my sweet comment! Going to your blog now:)

      Delete
  4. Those cucumber products look awesome! I'm going to have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a try! :) I saw on Dr. Oz today that "SAY YES TO BLUEBERRIES" is a good product as well so hopefully I will be trying that out next!

      Have a great day!:)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments. They truly make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...