May 31, 2011

Monday Memories on Tuesday!

After work, I hurried home b/c we had to drive to Tuscaloosa, which is about 45 minutes from home, to look at counter tops! We were later than expected b/c the husband got off the wrong exit!!;) Luckily, I have a husband who will admit when he is lost:) Anyway, we made it there with 15 minutes to spare.... and I am suppose to pick out counter tops for a kitchen, master bathroom, powder room, and two full baths in 15 minutes?!?! NOT HAPPENING. Not to mention, there was granite after granite after granite to choose from! Oh, and guess what?! I choose a VERY rare granite for the kitchen that will have to be ordered. I am getting used to it now though, nothing new! ;) He had a whole yard full of slabs of granite and I was OVERWHELMED to say the least. Luckily, mom's contractor sent her to the same counter top place, so we are going back this Friday! I was so overwhelmed I could not think, but this Friday we will have more time (and my momma's advice) so it will go over much more smoothly! 
We then had Mexican for dinner and headed home to relax!
I, of course, slept in Saturday morning and the husband was wide awake at 6:00 (which is normal for him). Mom called that morning and asked if I wanted to ride with her and my dad to look at hardwood floors, tile, and granite. From the damage of the tornado, mom and dad are going on and renovating the whole house. While there, my mom and I got carried away and dragged out sample after sample of hardwood floors. We found my hardwood floors while at it! They are beautiful! And I saw tile I LOVE! We ate lunch at Milo's (another one of my favorites)!

When I got home, Lee and I decided to go to the river ride for a couple of hours. Lee wanted to make sure the boat was running properly before taking it two hours away to the lake. It ran great, thank goodness! 

We got home from the river and Lee headed to meet my dad and bro-in-law at the races. My mom and I went to do some house shopping. (I need to note that I bought the husband something;) We then met my sister for dinner at FIREBIRD'S! We went back to my sister's and watched Pregnant in Heels and painted fingernails.

We went to Sunday school, lunch at Ezell's, Sunday nap, to get my bedroom furniture (which will go in the guest room) at mom and dad's, then back to church for eating and singing!
I noticed before church Camden was  spending a lot of time in his litter box. He then decided to take a squat on the rug (SHHH, hubby doesn't know that;) Well, I popped him, and then it clicked. My baby has a UTI :( Talk about feeling guilty. I popped that poor baby and he didn't feel good. Makes me sick at my stomach:(  He never uses the bathroom anywhere but his litter box so I was for sure he had a UTI. I thought I would wake up early Monday morning and take him to the emergency vet (considering it's a holiday). Well, momma couldn't sleep anyway from worrying, so guess what?! I loaded him up at 10:00 and we headed to the vet. It took about 40 minutes to get there. He "used it" for the doc by just rubbing him. She tested it, and momma was right! They had to give me two bottles of medicine b/c "big boy" has officially earned that title;hHe weighs a whopping 16 pounds. The last time I weighed him he was 10 pounds. Needless to say, he has gained a few! 
He is finally resting, but still not himself. :(

I woke up and CLEANED, CLEANED, CLEANED while Lee worked outside. I LOVE having a clean house! I'm a little OCD though. It's not really dirty to start with, but I HAVE to deep clean EVERY time I clean (which is usually every Thursday).  Lee's mom got us some bar-b-q for lunch. It was yummy as always! After lunch we went grocery shopping. 
Saturday night, while shopping with mom, I found some lamps I LOVE. Wellll, when this girl gets something on her mind, it's not going to leave until it's mine! SOOO, we headed to Home Goods and bought two lamps which I plan to use in the Master bedroom! We then went to two different Ross's and I got some baskets for organizing and a huge chest thingy (don't know what you call it). I plan to put blankets/quilts in it! We also bought a fire pit that was practically 75% off!
We then met mom and dad for dinner at Outback! 

We had a great long weekend! 
Back to work until Thursday, then SUMMER starts!

They are back to work on the house today. Update tomorrow:)

Hope Everyone had a BLESSED Memorial Day! :) 


  1. I'm so sorry about your poor kitty! That would break my heart, too!! And I don't think I've commented yet, but I'm a new follower! :)

  2. Sounds like a great time :)

  3. I love reading your blog! :) My cat weighs 17 lbs! lol! I hope he feels better! :( I can't wait to see your house update! When will you guys be moving in?!


Thank you for your sweet comments. They truly make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...